Author(s): Gaunt, Allie, Beaton, Jessica
Whether it's breakfast, lunch or dinner - or maybe the much-loved snacks and sweets in between - every meal is an opportunity to introduce children to the joy of eating, help them discover new tastes and textures, and boost their nutritional intake.
Following on from their highly successful debut cookbook, the hugely popular One Handed Cooks have created this new collection of recipes and mealtime advice to provide inspiration and ideas for family-friendly food that's healthy, simple to prepare and packed full of flavour. Alongside easily adaptable meals, satisfying vegetarian options, brilliant ideas for lunchboxes and much more, you'll find helpful solutions to tackling the most challenging fussy eating behaviours while ensuring your child gets the nourishment they need.
In this new book, you'll discover how to-
- Introduce solids, textured meals and finger foods to babies in ways that encourage mindful eating and food acceptance
- Make every meal count by maximising the nutritional content of favourite home-cooked meals, snacks and sweet foods using easy swaps and additions, to support your child's growth and development
- Manage and move on from common fussy eating behaviours, including food jags and food refusal
- Create happy family mealtimes that nurture positive associations with food
- Use daily structure, mealtime routines and pre-meal sensory-based activities to reduce anxiety around eating and instead encourage discovery and enjoyment
- Adapt a single meal to suit the whole family - baby, toddler and adult
- Cater to common allergies and intolerances (such as dairy, gluten and wheat) with simple substitutions that don't compromise on nutrition.
About the author:
One Handed Cooks is a baby, toddler and family food website that features a wide range of simple, healthy and clever recipes to help parents make food a source of enjoyment and nourishment for their children. Written with an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) as part of the team, it also offers friendly and realistic nutrition information, as well as tips and strategies to help manage fussy eating behaviours. They have written a collection of much-loved magazines and in 2016 they published their best-selling, self-titled cookbook One Handed Cooks- How to raise a healthy, happy eater - from baby to school age, and have since become an Australian leader in the area of baby, toddler and family food.
Formerly a professional nanny and advertising copywriter, Allie, now a mum of three gorgeous children, is the creator and co-director of the hugely successful One Handed Cooks blog. When her first child, Harry, started solids in 2012 she found herself preparing food with a baby on one hip and was keen to connect with other parents and share her positive experiences. Allie is passionate about feeding children nutritious, homemade food and making mealtimes happy, and she has inspired families around the world to make positive, healthy changes for their children.
Jessica is an Accredited Practising Dietitian with a passion for starting solids and inspiring families to enjoy happy mealtimes and a healthy love of food. She is a co-director of One Handed Cooks, a keen cook and combines her personal journey as a mum of three fun-loving boys with 17 years of evidence-based training and experience as a dietitian to simplify the science and educate parents in a friendly and practical way. Since joining One Handed Cooks in 2012 Jessica has undergone further training in 'Picky Eaters vs Problem Feeders- The Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) Approach to Feeding' and 'Making SENSE of Mealtimes'.
Sarah is a dedicated primary school teacher and much-loved aunty of five with a passion for baking. A co-director of One Handed Cooks, she is also the photographer and food stylist, capturing the enjoyment of childhood and cherished food moments while showcasing simple, wholesome food to perfection.
Number of Pages: 272
Publication Date: 20190305
Publisher: Penguin Australia Pty Ltd
Product Form: Paperback / softback
Dimensions (LxWxH): 261 mm209 mm21 mm
Weight: 940 gr
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.