Our weekly summary of the hottest non-fiction books in Australia. Nothing beats a true story...
1. Together: Memorable Meals Made Easy - Together takes the stress out of cooking by teaching you hacks to get organised, get ahead. Inspirational but practical, Together is about comfort, celebration, creating new memories and, above all, the sharing of mouthwatering food.
2. Atomic Habits - People think that when you want to change your life, you need to think big. But world-renowned habits expert James Clear has discovered another way. He knows that real change comes from the compound effect of hundreds of small decisions- doing two push-ups a day, waking up five minutes early, or holding a single short phone call.
3. So You Think You Know What's Good For You? - So You Think You Know What's Good For You? is a one-stop handbook that will settle fruitless anxieties and allow people to focus on what matters to them. Replace medical myths, half-truths and misconceptions with the information you need to make better decisions about how to eat and how to live to put your mind at ease and ensure your and your family's health is the best it can be.
4. The Barefoot Investor: The Only Money Guide You'll Ever Need - You'll get a step-by-step formula: open this account, then do this; call this person, and say this; invest money here, and not there. All with a glass of wine in your hand. This book will show you how to create an entire financial plan.
5. Rogue Forces - Rogue Forces is the explosive first insiders’ story of how some of Australia’s revered SAS soldiers crossed the line in Afghanistan, descending from elite warriors to unlawful killers.
6. The Happiest Man On Earth - Eddie faced unimaginable horrors every day, first in Buchenwald, then in Auschwitz, then on a Nazi death march. He lost family, friends, his country. Published as Eddie turns 100, this is a powerful, heartbreaking and ultimately hopeful memoir of how happiness can be found even in the darkest of times.
7. Christians - Filled with insights, intelligence, warmth and humour, Greg also introduces us to a range of fascinating Christians today, among them political leaders, and young activists offering the radical Christian interpretation of love to their generation
8. The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse - A reminder of what truly matters, as told through the adventures of four beloved friends. Based on Charlie's daily Instagram. For fans of Winnie-the-pooh's Little Book of Wisdom.
9. 12 Rules For Life - Gripping, thought-provoking and deeply rewarding, 12 Rules for Life offers an antidote to the chaos in our lives- eternal truths applied to our modern problems.
10. Halliday Wine Companion 2022 - For over thirty years James Halliday has been Australia's most respected wine critic, and his Halliday Wine Companion is recognised as the industry benchmark for Australian wine. A best-selling annual, the Halliday Wine Companion is the go-to guide for wine ratings, regions, best varietals, winery reviews and a curated selection of the best wines in Australia.
© Nielsen BookScan 2021. Week Ending 27/08/2021.